Through an integrated approach to clinical care and research, Mount Sinai’s ENT surgeons and specialists employ the latest therapies for treating disorders of the head and neck, while our cutting-edge team of investigators carries out both clinical trials and laboratory research. Our services include the following advanced tools and technologies:
- Center for Hearing and Balance: Mount Sinai’s Center for Hearing and Balance in New York City treats the full spectrum of hearing and balance disorders, including acoustic neuromas, auto-immune inner ear disease, cholesteatoma, chronic ear disease, facial nerve disorders and otosclerosis. Among the treatments we provide are bone-anchored hearing aids, cochlear implants, and skull base surgery.
- Endoscopic surgery: Mount Sinai ear, nose, and throat surgeons remove tumors of the voice box, skull base, and neck using an endoscope — a thin tube equipped with a tiny light and miniature video camera. Your doctor inserts the endoscope into your body through a natural opening, such as your nose or throat, for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. Doctors view the images captured by the endoscope on a video monitor. Endoscopic surgery is minimally invasive. Mount Sinai has developed techniques to remove skull base tumors endoscopically through the nose, leaving no visible sign of surgery.
- Facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery: Our reconstructive facial surgeons and specialists in facial cosmetic surgery use state-of-the-art endoscopic techniques to reshape facial features, including microvascular-free tissue transfer. We also provide surgical and non-surgical therapies for patients with congenital, acquired, or traumatic problems of the oral cavity, jaws, and associated structures.
- Grabscheid Voice Center: Our Grabscheid Voice Center offers personalized medical care for the professional voice, along with a profound understanding of the special medical, psychological, and professional needs of singers, actors, and public speakers.
- Maxillofacial prosthodontic services: We offer complete maxillofacial prosthodontic services to restore speech and chewing abilities and minimize cosmetic damage.
- Minimally invasive thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy: We can remove a cancerous thyroid or parathyroid through a one-inch incision, resulting in a quicker recovery time and less postoperative pain.
- Robotic surgery to treat head and neck cancers: We use the DaVinci Surgical System®, an advanced technology that magnifies the surgical field and gives surgeons greater visualization, dexterity, and precision during an operation. It is a less-invasive surgical technique that reduces scarring and improves outcomes.