What Parents Need to Know
Types of Visits
We would be happy to give you the opportunity to meet with us and visit the practice prior to the birth of your child. Please call 212-241-4242 to schedule an appointment. Please note there is a $25 fee for prenatal consultations.
Well Child Visits
We are with you from the beginning in ensuring the close monitoring of your child’s general health and development. From newborn visits in the hospital to well visits in the office, here is the type of schedule you can expect:
Newborn hospital visits
- 3 to 5 days
- 2 weeks (if necessary)
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 2.5 years
- Annual visits from age 3 to 21
We make every effort to see all of our patients in need of a same day urgent appointment when they are sick.
Please note the following:
- You can call as early as 8am Monday through Friday to schedule same day sick appointments
- It is ideal if you call before 12 noon to be accommodated on the same day
- The office closes at 5pm, and we will not be able to see patients after that time
- We do not see walk-ins. Please be sure to call for an appointment.
After Hours Care
One of the physicians in the practice is on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week on weeknights, weekends and holidays for URGENT or EMERGENCY situations only.
If you need to talk to a physician for an urgent matter, call the office number (212-241-4242) where a message will be the sent to the doctor to call you back.
If your child is having an EMERGENCY, please call 911 first and then us.
For all other routine and non-urgent matters, please call during normal working hours.
If your child is admitted to the Newborn Nursery or Pediatric Floors at Mount Sinai, one of the physicians from our practice will come see your child each day they are in the hospital and will be in charge of their medical care.
If your child is admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), the neonatologists or pediatric intensive care physicians will be in charge of your child’s medical care, however, we work closely with them to ensure all of your child’s needs are met.
If your child is admitted to a hospital that is not at Mount Sinai, we will unfortunately not be able to see them or take part in their medical care.
If you are bringing your newborn for an initial visit, please bring your hospital discharge paperwork and the baby’s immunization card with you.
If your child is transferring to us from another pediatrician’s practice, please request that the medical records be sent to us BEFORE their appointment so we can review them. It is very important that we have your child’s immunization record at this first visit.
Communication with the Physicians
For routine and non-urgent questions or issues, you can call the office (212-241-4242) from the hours of 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Your message will be sent to the doctors and they will attempt to call you back by the end of the day.
Please note that if your child is sick, it is best to schedule an urgent appointment instead of waiting to speak to the doctor first as they may not call you back until after the office is closed.
We request that all appointment cancellations be done at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. You may incur a charge if cancelled within 24 hours.
Late for Appointment
Patients are requested to arrive within 15 minutes of their scheduled appointment time after which they are considered a “No Show” and the doctor may not be able to accommodate you at all or until after all the other patients have been seen.
- Forms will be completed only if your child has had a complete physical within the last 12 months.
- If it has been more than 12 months since your child’s last physical, please call our office to schedule an appointment.
- Due to the high volume of form requests, please allow 7 - 10 business days for the completion of the form.
- There is a $10 fee per form.
- A $20 fee will be charged for same day expedited forms.
- Please complete the form with your child’s:
- Date of Birth
- Health History
- The form may be dropped off, e-mailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the address below. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like the form to be mailed back to you. You will receive a phone call when the form is ready. It may be picked up at the front desk or mailed back to you. Please note that forms cannot be e-mailed back to you.
Mount Sinai FPA - General Pediatrics
5 East 98th Street - Box #1205
New York, NY 10029
- Aetna Commercial
- CIGNA HMO, PPO
- HIP Commercial
- Oxford Freedom & Liberty
- United Health Care Commercial
- United Healthy Care Empire Plan
- United Health Care Top Tier
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Exchange Products Offered through the Affordable Care Act:
- EmblemHealth HIP
- Oxford - Liberty
To make an appointment or for more information:
Mount Sinai General Pediatrics Faculty Practice
5 East 98th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10029
Hours of Operation:
Phone lines open at 8am daily
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9am - 5pm
Tuesday 9am - 6pm
Weekends/Holidays Urgent visits only - times determined by doctor on call
Doctor on-call for urgent issues on weeknights after 5pm, weekends, and holidays available at: 212-241-4242
For billing questions, please call:
|Like us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|