Treatments for Breast Cancer
The Dubin Breast Center offers a comprehensive range of advanced treatments for breast cancer, including the following:
- Breast Localization: Localization is the placement of a thin wire or a seed into the breast in order to help the surgeon find the area that needs to be removed.
- Breast Surgery: Depending on the diagnosis, surgical options may range from a type of breast conserving surgery to mastectomy.
- Breast Reconstruction: Also called plastic surgery, breast reconstruction is a staged process that is generally (but not always) performed simultaneously with a mastectomy.
- Medical Oncology: For many patients with breast cancer, treatment may include some type of chemotherapy.
- Radiation Oncology: Radiation therapy may be used after surgery to kill any remaining cancer cells and limit the risk of recurrence.
Dubin Breast Center
The Mount Sinai Hospital
1176 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10029
For Appointments and Information
Tel: 855-TO-DUBIN (863-8246) or
Tel: 212-241-3300 option 1
Tel: 212-241-3300 option 2
Breast Reconstruction (plastic surgery)
Tel: 212-241-3300 option 3
Breast Health Resource Program (psychosocial support)