Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
Many young people are at risk. Across the country, 5% of high school students abuse alcohol so severely that their daily functioning suffers. 25% of seniors report binge drinking. Drug use remains a serious threat to lifelong health.
So, we provide prevention survives and treatment services for drug and alcohol problems to adolescents ages 10-24 within a comprehensive health and mental health approach.
Our Community Youth Program is designed to prevent substance abuse in adolescents. Counseling and support services include individual, group and family counseling.
Our work is tailored to the way young people think and act. It is designed to reduce the risk of harm to them and to help them cope.
We work with the whole family.
- Individual, group, and family therapy, and support groups, to address
- Child physical abuse
- Child sexual abuse
- Dating violence
- Sexual assault
- Victims of commercial sexual exploitation and human trafficking
- Other forms of interpersonal violence
- Rape crisis services and sexual assault forensic examinations
- Self-defense and self-assertiveness training
- Community outreach and education
- Training health and mental health professionals
The tool kit we use to help young people and their families includes evidence based approaches designed specifically for young people:
- Strengthening Families © a nationally recognized program of family skills training to address problem behaviors
- Teen Intervene © a brief intervention aimed at reducing substance use in youth showing early signs of substance abuse problems
- Botvin LifeSkills Training © to reduce risk of teen substance abuse
- 7 Challenges © treatment to motivate decisions and commitments to change in adolescent and young adult substance abusers
- Anger Management for Substance Abuse and Mental Health – developing control over thoughts and actions
To make an appointment for Health Services or for Mental Health & Counseling:
Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
312-320 East 94th Street
New York, NY 10128 Map
Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday, 12 noon - 6:00pm
Ask questions, request advice, setup reminders for medications and get reminders of upcoming appointments at the Center.Learn more