Inside Mount Sinai
In this issue:
- Scientists led by Eric J. Nestler, MD, PhD, have discovered a novel biochemical pathway that activates depression and promises to lead to a new avenue of research.
- Jupiter Medical Center and The Mount Sinai Hospital have announced a partnership that will bring Mount Sinai Heart and its enhanced services to South Florida.
- The Tisch Cancer Institute has opened a new and expanded Infusion Center at Mount Sinai Queens—part of a $125 million hospital modernization plan—that provides the latest treatments in a comfortable and convenient location..
- Sandra K. Masur, PhD, was recently honored by the American Society for Cell Biology with an award established in her name.
- The Recanati/Miller Transplantation Institute has instituted a new Kidney Coach program that helps patients with kidney failure find a living donor.
- The Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center held its annual gala; and Mount Sinai hosted the Rollin’ Colon; and held a gathering to mark the lunar New Year, among other events.