Inside Mount Sinai
In this issue:
- The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai celebrated its 46th annual Commencement on Friday, May 8, at Avery Fisher Hall.
- Students at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai met with Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor for a lively Question and Answer session on campus.
- Leadership, staff, and supporters gathered for The Mount Sinai Health System’s largest celebration of the year—the 30th annual Crystal Party.
- Musicians on Call, a nonprofit organization, has performed for nearly 50,000 patients, family members, and staff in its decade of service at Mount Sinai Health System hospitals.
- Inside celebrates Better Hearing and Speech Month with a profile of Broadway singer Helena Joyce Wright, once a patient of Dr. Eugen Grabscheid’s, and now a patient at the Mount Sinai Voice Center that was named after him.
- Around the Health System: Faculty and Staff at Mount Sinai Roosevelt took part in a walk across the George Washington Bridge to raise money for research into Alpha-1 disease; New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai adds a new Health System logo to its building façade; and Mount Sinai Beth Israel holds its annual Heart Awards.