Inside Mount Sinai
In this issue:
- Two recent studies by Hugh Sampson, MD, and Ying Song, MD, and Xiu-Min Li, MD, have advanced the potential of a transdermal patch and blood test in understanding and ultimately treating peanut allergies.
- At the annual Match Day event, more than half of Icahn School of Medicine’s graduating students matched to residencies at the nation’s most-acclaimed medical centers.
- Eight physician-leaders recently received the 2015 Jacobi Medallion at a gala that also celebrated a $1.6 million gift to the Icahn School of Medicine from The Mount Sinai Alumni Association.
- The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine has named the following young physicians inspiring leaders in the field: Laura Gelfman, MD; Amy Kelley, MD; and Cardinale B. Smith, MD.
- Nine Mount Sinai Health System volunteers were among those honored at the United Hospital Fund’s 22nd Annual Auxilian and Volunteer Achievement Awards ceremony.
- Mount Sinai celebrated the Third Annual Brain Awareness Fair; an Arthritis Foundation event, National Nutrition Day, and an award bestowed upon Trustee Carla Harris by One Hundred Black Men, Inc., of New York.