Audit & Compliance Services Department
It is the mission of the Mount Sinai Audit & Compliance Services Department to ensure that the Institution upholds its commitment to legal and ethical conduct by all faculty and staff. In support of this mission, the Boards of Trustees have approved the Mount Sinai Medical Center Compliance Program, which sets forth the following principal activities of the Department:
- Maintain and update the Medical Center's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (the Code)
- Centralize the Medical Center's efforts to help prevent and detect illegal and unethical behavior and to establish appropriate discipline for violations of the Code.
- Identify regulatory and other risks to the Medical Center and provide advice and direction to Senior Management and Staff on mitigation of such risks.
- Establish compliance awareness and responsibility in every employee through compliance training.
- Monitor Medical Center activities to ensure that the compliance policies are effective and recommend corrective action when necessary
Frank Cino, MPH, CPA
Senior Vice President,
Audit & Compliance Services