- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
Critical Care Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine
MD, S.U.N.Y Health Science Center - College of Medicine
Residency, Internal Medicine
Long Island College Hospital
Fellowship, Pulmonary/Crit Care
New York University Medical Center
- A new, less invasive treatment may be on the horizon to help people suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Featured in Inside Mount Sinai, Timothy Harkin, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of Bronchoscopy, (Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine) and Neil Schachter, MD, Medical Director of the Respiratory Care Department and the Maurice Hexter Professor of Pulmonary Medicine, are examining the potential therapeutic benefits of the Intra-bronchial valve system to improve the condition of patients with lung disorders.
McGuinness G, Beacher JR, Naidich DP, Garay SM, Rom WN, Harkin TJ. Hemoptysis: Prospective HRCT/Bronchoscopic Correlation. Chest 1994; 105: 1155-1162.
Harkin TJ, Naidich DP. State-of-the-Art. Airways and Lung: Correlation of CT with Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy. Radiology 1995; 197(197): 1-12.
Wang KP, Harkin TJ. Bronchoscopic Needle Aspiration of Mediastinal and Hilar Lymph Nodes. J Bronchology 1997; 4: 238-249.
McGuinness G, Gruden JF, Naidich DP, Harkin TJ, Jagirdar J, Bhalla M. AIDS-related Airway Disease. Am J Roentgenol 1997; 168: 67-77.
Harkin TJ, Ciotoli C, Rom WN, Naidich DP, Jagirdar J, Addrizzo-Harris DJ. Transbronchial Needle Aspiration (TBNA) in Patients Infected with HIV. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998; 157: 1913-1918.
Harrow EM, Abi-Saleh W, Blum J, Mehta AC, Gasparini S, Addrizzo-Harris DJ, Arronglia AC, Harkin T. The Utility of Transbronchial Needle Aspiration in the Staging of Bronchogenic Carcinoma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2000; 161: 601-607.
Mehta NL, Harkin TJ, Addrizzo-Harris DJ, Graap W, Rom WN. Should Renal Insufficiency Be a Relative Contraindication to Bronchoscopic Biopsy?. J Bronchology 2005; 12: 81-83.
Harkin TJ, Schluger NW. Tuberculosis Pearls. Philadelphia, Hanley & Belfus, Inc., 1995;.
Condos R, Harkin TJ. Treatment of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis. In: Tuberculosis 2nd Edition. Boston, Little, Brown, 2003; pp729-738.
Naidich DP, Grenier PA, Webb WR. Imaging of the Airways: Functional and Radiologic Correlations. Philadelphia, Lippincott, Wilkinson and Williams, 2005. ;.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Harkin has not yet completed reporting of Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- Aetna U.S. Healthcare - HMO
- BCBS Child Health Plus
- BCBS Direct HMO
- BCBS Direct Pay HMO
- BCBS Direct Pay HMO/POS
- BCBS DirectShare POS
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS Empire Prism EPO
- BCBS Empire Prism PPO
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS Health New York
- BCBS Indemnity
- BCBS PPO
- Beech Street
- CIGNA Healthcare HMO
- Choice Care
- Cigna - PPO
- Cigna EPO
- Cigna POS
- Fidelis Care NY - HMO
- First Health
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) - HMO
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) - PPO
- HIP Commercial
- HIP Medicaid
- HIP Medicare
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Island Group
- Local 1199
- MedCare International
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- Neighborhood Health Providers, LLC
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Travel Care Services
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Commercial
- United Health Care Empire Plan