- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Orthopaedics
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
Mount Sinai Hospital
Fellowship, Spine Surgery
Case Western Reserve University
- Dr. Sheeraz A. Qureshi is an Assistant Professor of Spinal Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in the Leni and Peter W. May Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. He also serves as the Chief of Spinal Trauma at Elmhurst Hospital Center. Dr. Qureshi is a graduate of Tufts University School of Medicine and completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Mount Sinai School of Medicine where he was selected by the Department to serve as Administrative Chief Resident in his final year. Dr. Qureshi completed a Spinal Surgery Fellowship at University Hospitals Case Medical Center under the direction of Dr. Henry Bohlman who has trained more leading academic spine surgeons than anyone else in the world.
Upon completing his spine fellowship at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Dr. Qureshi was honored by his peers by being selected as the Cervical Spine Research Society Traveling Fellow. During this time Dr. Qureshi visited leading spine centers nationally and internationally performing cutting edge surgical procedures and collaborating on groundbreaking research.
Dr. Qureshi's clinical interests include cervical and lumbar spinal surgery, the evaluation and surgical management of degenerative disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine (such as herniated discs and spinal stenosis), minimally invasive spine surgery, microsurgery, spinal trauma and spinal tumors. Dr. Qureshi is a nationally recognized leader in spinal surgery and has advanced expertise in motion sparing procedures of the cervical and lumbar spine including artificial disc replacement. He has authored numerous articles and contributed to numerous textbooks in the field of spinal surgery. His research has been presented at numerous national meetings. He often serves on the faculty of courses to teach the newest surgical techniques to other spinal surgeons.
His research interests include clinical outcomes after spinal surgery as well as biological and biomechanical effects of motion sparing spinal technology.
In the News
Dr. Qureshi discusses herniated discs and spine injury in The Daily News feature The Daily Check Up. View the PDF
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Qureshi during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- Orthofix; Zimmer, Inc.
Scientific Advisory Board:
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose.
- Medtronic, Inc.; Stryker Corporation; Zimmer, Inc.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Faculty Practice Associates Floor 9 Room 914
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
- 1199 National Benefit Fund
- Healthfirst Mount Sinai Select
- Medicare of NJ
- Worker's Compensation