- ASSOCIATE CLINICAL PROFESSOR Dermatology
American Board of Dermatology
- Actinic Keratosis
- Athlete's Foot
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Botulinum Toxin
- Botulinum Toxin Injections
- Cold Sores
- Contact Dermatitis
- Epidermal Cyst
- Genital Herpes
- Genital Warts
- Incision And Drainage Of A Skin Abscess
- Melanoma Removal
- Pityriasis Rosea
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Lesion Removal
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Tinea Versicolor
MD, New York University
Residency, Internal Medicine
Hospital of The University Of Penn.
Albert Einstein College Hospital
Fellowship, Derm Cosmetic Surg
Gulf South Medical & Surgical Inst.
- Dr. Kaufmann currently serves on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology. He is also Chair the academy's Resource Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS) committee, as well as a member of the Innovations in Payment and Delivery Work group. He frequently represents the American Academy of Dermatology at the national meetings of the Physician’s Electronic Health Record Coalition (PEHRC) as well as the Clinical Information Interchange Collaborative (CIIC). He has been a frequent national lecturer, and has had many articles recently published on the topic of health information technology.
Dr. Kaufmann is a contributing editor to Practical Dermatology and serves on the editorial boards of The Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, as well as The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology.
Dr. Kaufmann’s contributions to the American Academy of Dermatology have been recognized by his receiving the Presidential Citation in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
2015 - 2015
Talk of the Town Customer Satisfaction Award
2015 - 2015
New York Super Doctors
2015 - 2015
America's Top Dermatologists
Nova MP, Kaufmann MD, Halperin A. Scleroderma-like skin indurations in a child with Phenylketonuria: A clinicopathologic correlation and review of the literature. JAAD 1992; 26: 329-33.
Dorton DW, Kaufmann MW. Palmoplantar Pustules in an Infant. Archives of Dermatology. 1996; 132: 1365-70.
Kaufmann MD, Desai S. Special requirements for electronic health records in dermatology. Seminars in cutaneous medicine and surgery 2012 Sep; 31(3).
Kaufmann MD. Focus on: information technology. Electronic prescribing: an update. Journal of drugs in dermatology : JDD; 4(1).
Grosshandler JA, Tulbert B, Kaufmann MD, Bhatia A, Brodell RT. The electronic medical record in dermatology. Archives of dermatology 2010 Sep; 146(9).
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Kaufmann is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Icahn Medical Institute Floor 2nd Fl. -Dermatology Room L2-28 (Box 1047)
1425 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
21 East 90th Street
New York, NY 10128
- Monday 9:15am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Thursday 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Friday 9:15am - 2:00pm
- Beech Street / PHCS
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire United Health Care / Empire Plan
- Health Insurance Plan (HIP)
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Oxford Freedom
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- United Healthcare
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check