- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Neurology
Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
MD, New York Medical College
MSCR, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Internship, Internal Medicine
St. Vincent's Hospital [CLOSED]
Mount Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Cho has expertise in gait and balance impairment due to neurologic disease. Some of the diseases causing gait and balance impairment are Parkinson's disease, atypical parkinsonian syndromes, vertigo, mal de disembarquement syndrome (MdDS), normal pressure hydrocephalus, and cerebellar ataxia. She has extensive experience in deep brain stimulation for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, tremors, and dystonia and botulinum toxin injections for the treatment of movement disorders and spasticity. Her research focuses on studying gait abnormalities in parkinsonian disorders. She collaborated with Dr. Mingjia Dai on a novel treatment for Mal de Debarquement Syndrome that is now being offered at The Mount Sinai Hospital.
Morris TR, Cho C, Dilda V, Shine JM, Naismith SL, Lewis SG, Moore ST. Morris TR, Cho C, Dilda V, Shine JM, Naismith SL, Lewis SJG, Moore ST. A comparison of clinical and objective measures of freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease.. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2012 March;.
Cho C, Osaki Y, Kunin M, Cohen B, Olanow CW, Raphan T. Frequency-velocity mismatch: a fundamental abnormality in parkinsonian gait. J. Neurophysiol 2010 March; 103(3): 1478-89.
Cho C, Osaki Y, Kunin M, Cohen B, Olanow CW, Raphan T. A model-based approach for assessing parkinsonian gait and effects of levodopa and deep brain stimulation. Conference proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference 2006; 1.
Cho C, Samkoff LM. A lesion of the anterior thalamus producing dystonic tremor of the hand. Archives of neurology 2000 Sep; 57(9).
Cho C, Koller W. Tardive dystonia following antipsychotic treatment: Ask the Experts – Parkinson’s Disease/Movement Disorders. Medscape 2004.
Cho C, Estanislao L, Simpson D. Viral neuropathies. In: Schmidt RF, Willis WD, editors. Encyclopedic Reference of Pain. New York, Springer-Verlag;.
Cho C, Samuel N, D'Olhaberriague L, Brass LM, Levine SR. Coagulation-related causes of stroke. In: Samuels MA, Feske S, editors. Office Practice in Neurology, 2nd ed.. Philadelphia, Churchill Livingstone;.
Weisfeld-Adams JD, Mehta L, Rucker JC, Dembitzer FR, Szporn A, Lublin FD, Introne WJ, Bhambhani V, Chicka MC, Cho C. Atypical Chédiak-Higashi syndrome with attenuated phenotype: three adult siblings homozygous for a novel LYST deletion and with neurodegenerative disease. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2013; 8.
Morris TR, Cho C, Dilda V, Shine JM, Naismith SL, Lewis SJ, Moore ST. Clinical assessment of freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease from computer-generated animation. Gait & posture 2013 Jun; 38(2).
Dai M, Cohen B, Smouha E, Cho C. Readaptation of the vestibulo-ocular reflex relieves the mal de debarquement syndrome. Frontiers in neurology 2014; 5.
- An open-label, 12 months safety and efficacy study of Levodopa- carbidopa intestinal gel in levodopa-responsive subjects with advanced parkinson's disease and severe motor-fluctuations despite optimized treatment with available parkinson's disease medications
- A phase 1/2 Trial assessing the safety and efficacy of bilateral intraputaminal and intranigral administration of cere-120 (adeno-associated virus serotype 2 (AAV2)-Neirturin (NTN) in subjects with Idiopathic Parkinson's disease
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Cho during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- Merz Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Scientific Advisory Board:
- NeuroHabilitation (Helius Medical Technologies); OVATION Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Lundbeck, Inc.); Solstice Neurosciences, LLC (US WorldMeds)
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Faculty Practice Associates Floor 1 Room Box 1637
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
Atran Berg Laboratory Building Floor 1 Room 05
1428 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Faculty Practice Associates
5 East 98th Street, 1st Floor, Box 1637
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:30am - 5:00pm
- 1199 Member Choice
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- Beech Street
- CIGNA Healthcare HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) - HMO
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) - PPO
- HIP Medicaid
- HIP Medicare
- HIP of New Jersey - HMO
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Empire Plan
- United Healthcare - HMO