Conditions We Treat
In the Division of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery at Mount Sinai at Mount Sinai, our pediatric surgery specialists exceptional surgical care for the full spectrum of medical conditions requiring surgical intervention for infants, children, and adolescents.
Our expert surgeons offer innovative minimally invasive surgical approaches for children of all ages, ranging from complex neonatal procedures to laparoscopic and thoracoscopic interventions for adolescents. We personalize treatment plans to improve the experience and outcomes of our patients.
Our surgeons provide expert care in treating all kinds of medical conditions:
- Abdominal wall defects and hernias, including as inguinal hernias
- Chest wall deformities, including pectus excavatum (sunken/funnel chest)
- Esophageal and pulmonary conditions, including collapsed lung (pneumothorax)
- Gastrointestinal and colorectal conditions, including appendicitis
- Genitourinary conditions, including ovarian cysts
- Hematology/oncology, including adrenal tumors
- Hepatobiliary disorders, including benign gallbladder disease
- Skin and soft tissue infections, including soft tissue abscesses