With a commitment to prevention and early detection, our urology team provides rigorous prostate cancer screenings. If cancer is detected, we are skilled in the full range of treatment options, which include the following:
- Active surveillance: For low-risk cancers, we design a proactive testing schedule to monitor you for more aggressive disease. We also create a personalized wellness regimen that may include diet guidance and psychosocial support.
- Surgery: Mount Sinai is home to some of the foremost leaders in robotic prostate surgery. Using precision technologies, we are skilled in techniques to remove cancer while preserving sexual and bladder function. Based on your diagnosis and needs, we’ll work with you to choose the right surgical approach.
- HiFu (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound): For men diagnosed with localized prostate cancer, this new, cutting-edge treatment is minimally invasive and targets only the cancerous tissue with high frequency sound waves. This technique spares surrounding tissue, reduces side effects like erectile dysfunction and incontinence, and allows patients to go home the same day.
- Radiation therapy: We provide the most advanced and precise radiation therapies available anywhere. These include intensity modulated radiation therapy, Novalis shaped beam radiosurgery, and ultrasound-guided prostate seed implants (brachytherapy).
- Immunotherapy: Used to treat advanced prostate cancer, this leading-edge therapy helps your body’s own immune system fight cancer cells.
- Hormone therapy: Often used when cancer has spread beyond the prostate, this treatment lowers the level of the male sex hormones (called androgens) that cause cancer cells to grow.
- Chemotherapy: Based on your diagnosis, we are skilled in choosing the right drugs, or combination of drugs, to control cancer growth for each patient.
In addition to offering in-person appointments, Mount Sinai’s urologists and prostate cancer specialists offer video appointments to make sure all patients have full access to health care from the convenience of home. Both new and existing patients can easily schedule telemedicine visits with most of our specialists.
Schedule a Telemedicine Appointment
Why Mount Sinai?
At Mount Sinai, we customize care for each patient. As a full-service health system with experts in all specialties, including urology, we can address your cancer diagnosis as well as any other conditions that may or may not be related to your cancer. Our cancer doctors work with a multidisciplinary team to give you comprehensive care that is specific to your needs.
Our cancer programs are part of The Tisch Cancer Institute at Mount Sinai, a National Cancer Institute-Designated Cancer Center. We offer clinical trials that give you the opportunity to receive advanced treatments that are only available at specialized cancer centers. We provide optimal cancer care for the best outcomes at convenient locations throughout the New York metropolitan area.