Our team will begin by assessing if you are a candidate for bariatric surgery through an initial consultation with the bariatric surgeon. Your surgeon and your entire health care team will help you set and achieve goals for your weight loss post-surgery and discuss the best surgical option for you based on your lifestyle, weight goals, and current health.
Types of Procedures
We offer the latest weight loss surgery procedures, including minimally invasive and robot-assisted bariatric surgeries. Patients benefit from quicker healing, less pain and scarring, and lower risk of complications.
- Duodenal switch: The procedure combines a sleeve gastrectomy (removing part of the stomach) with an intestinal bypass
- Sleeve gastrectomy (gastric sleeve): The procedure modifies the stomach into a long, thin tube, limiting the number of calories consumed
- Gastric bypass: The surgeon creates a pouch from the upper part of the stomach to limit the amount of food a patient can consume and bypasses a portion of the intestines to limit the absorption of calories.
- Lap band (adjustable gastric band): Implanting a soft silicone band around the top of the stomach to decrease the stomach size and volume of food consumed
- Revision surgery: Modifying or changing a prior bariatric procedure due to complications or to achieve weight-loss goals
At Mount Sinai Brooklyn, we work with you to develop a treatment plan that best suits your needs. You can reap the benefits of comprehensive and compassionate Mount Sinai care, without leaving the borough you call home.
Mount Sinai Doctors-Midwood, Bariatric Surgery
3131 Kings Highway
Brooklyn, NY 11234