Mount Sinai COVID-19 Saliva Test
Many of us have been excited to get back to the activities we love. But with the rising number of cases and the Delta/Omicron variant, testing for COVID-19 is still part of our lives. The Mount Sinai COVID-19 PCR Saliva Test utilizes state-of-the-art technology so you can be assured of a quick and reliable test result. It enables you to meet testing requirements for work, travel, and to meet New York State guidelines for attendance at large-scale entertainment and sporting events, which often generally require a PCR test within 72 hours or proof of vaccination.
Fast, Easy, and Convenient
The Mount Sinai COVID-19 Saliva Test is:
- Guaranteed: Results are generally available within 24 hours and guaranteed within 48 hours. Please note, due to high demand, results might take longer.
- Easier: The saliva test is more comfortable and convenient than a nasal swab test. However, if a saliva sample cannot be obtained, or if someone has consumed food or drink recently, a nasal swab test can be performed instead.
- Airline Approved: The test can also be used for international travel requirements, and some domestic flights, depending on the airline.
- Appropriate for Children: The test can be administered to children age 2 or older.
- Accepted by Many Employers: Results may be used for return-to-work authorization.
- Highly Accurate: Tests are assessed in our own state-of-the-art lab, ensuring the highest quality, standards, and accuracy.
Getting a test at a Mount Sinai testing location is safe, easy and convenient. Choose from one of the four locations in Manhattan listed below.
The results can then be transmitted securely to the New York State Excelsior Pass app on your phone if desired. Simply show your digital pass on your phone when proof of COVID-19 negativity is required, which can then gain you admittance into an event. You can also now upload your proof of vaccination on the MyMountSinai app.
Who Should Consider Getting Tested?
I’m vaccinated, and I may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Testing is one of our best means to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Even if you’ve been vaccinated, you are able to spread the virus. If you feel you may have been exposed, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, it’s important to get tested to protect those around you.
I’m not vaccinated, and I need proof of a negative COVID-19 test—or I’m experiencing symptoms.
If you have not been vaccinated, you may need proof of a negative COVID status to work, travel, or attend an event. The Mount Sinai COVID-19 Saliva Test is easier and more comfortable than a nasal swab test, and you’ll have the results fast. And of course, if you’re experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you should get a test as soon as possible to help protect your friends and family.
Children who are too young to get the vaccine.
Children who are under 5 years old are not yet eligible to get vaccinated. And while their symptoms may not be as serious, they can still catch the virus and transmit to family members or friends. Testing gives you and other parents in your circle of acquaintances peace of mind. And saliva testing is much easier and more comfortable for children.
How Do I Book a Test?
It’s easy to book an appointment at any of our four locations. Whether or not you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you can make an appointment by using the scheduling link in our listings below. If you are experiencing symptoms, our locations at Mount Sinai Doctors 55 East 34th Street and at Express Care at The Mount Sinai Hospital accept walk-ins.
For more information on the saliva test, see our COVID-19 Saliva Test FAQs.
1190 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10029
This location accepts insurance for the saliva testLearn More