Mount Sinai COVID-19 Saliva Test
Many of us are beginning to get back to the activities we love. The Mount Sinai COVID-19 PCR Saliva Test utilizes state-of-the-art technology and enables you to meet the New York State guidelines for attendance at large-scale entertainment and sporting events, which often generally require a PCR test within 72 hours or proof of vaccination.
The Mount Sinai COVID-19 Saliva Test is:
- Guaranteed: Results are guaranteed within 48 hours, and are often available in 24 hours
- Easier: The saliva test is more comfortable and convenient than a nasal swab test
- Airline Approved: The test can also be used for international travel requirements, and some domestic flights, depending on the airline
- Appropriate for Children: The test can be administered to children two years or older
- Accepted by Many Employers: Results may be used for return to work authorization
Getting a test at a Mount Sinai testing location is safe, easy and convenient. Choose from one of four locations in Manhattan. Samples are assessed within our own laboratory, ensuring a robust test of the highest quality and accuracy.
If a saliva sample cannot be obtained, or if someone has eaten or drank something prior to the test, a nasal swab test can be performed instead.
The results can then be transmitted securely to the New York State Excelsior Pass app on your phone if desired. Simply show your digital pass on your phone when proof of COVID-19 negativity is required, which can then gain you admittance into an event.
The cost for the test is $139.50 and is not covered by insurance. Credit cards are accepted at the time of your test. Simply book an appointment at one of the locations below.
For more information on the saliva test, see our COVID-19 Saliva Test FAQs.