Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Apraglutide in SBS-IF
Age: 18 years - 66+
Healthy Subjects: No
Study Phase: Phase 3
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: January 26, 2021
End Date: June 30, 2023
The primary objective of the trial is the confirmation of the efficacy of apraglutide to evaluate the efficacy of weekly subcutaneous apraglutide in reducing parenteral support dependency.
1. Signed informed consent for this trial prior to any trial specific assessment.
2. Male and female subjects with SBS-IF, receiving parenteral support (PS), secondary to surgical resection of the small intestine with either stoma or colon-in-continuity (CIC).
3. Subject must require PS at least 3 days per work and be considered stable.
4. No restorative surgery intended to change PS requirements in the trial period.
5. Age ≥18 years at screening.
1. Pregnancy or lactation.
2. Major abdominal surgery in the last 6 months prior to screening.
3. History of cancer (including colon carcinoma) or clinically significant lymphoproliferative disease within ≤5 years, except for adequately treated basal cell skin cancer.
4. Evidence of active inflammatory GI conditions in the previous 6 months.
5. Evidence of decompensated heart failure.
6. Evidence of severe renal or hepatic impairment.
7. Any previous use of growth factors such as growth hormone (GH), native GLP-2, GLP-1, or GLP-2 or GLP-1 analogues should be discussed with the Investigator.