Study of Proton Versus Photon Beam Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer
Age: 18 years - 66+
Healthy Subjects: No
Study Phase: Phase 2
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: October 03, 2016
End Date: October 01, 2021
Nancy Lee, MD
Christopher Barker, MD
- Age greater than or equal to 18.
- Histopathologically confirmed diagnosis of one the following cancer types:
- Salivary gland cancer
- Skin cancer
- HNSCC that require ipsilateral radiation
- Patients must be a candidate for ipsilateral radiation therapy.
- Karnofsky performance status ≥70.
- Negative pregnancy test for women of childbearing potential (<51 years of age) as per institutional policy.
- Any prior head or neck irradiation.
- Physician recommendation of bilateral neck radiation.
- Non-resectable disease
- Physician recommendation of mucosal radiation
- Head and Neck Neoplasms