STIMULUS MDS-US : Sabatolimab Added to HMA in Higher Risk MDS
Age: 18 - 99 years
Healthy Subjects: No
Study Phase: Phase 2
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: March 17, 2022
End Date: March 31, 2025
- Signed informed consent must be obtained prior to participation in the study.
- Age ≥ 18 years at the date of signing the informed consent form (ICF).
- Morphologically confirmed diagnosis of a myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) primary or secondary based on 2016 WHO classification (Arber et al 2016) by investigator assessment with one of the following Prognostic Risk Categories, based on the International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS-R). Note: MDS diagnosis history will be recorded in the CRF:
- Very high (> 6 points)
- High (> 4.5
- ≤ 6 points)
- Intermediate (> 3
- ≤ 4.5 points)
- Not suitable at the time of screening for immediate myeloablative/ chemotherapy or hematopoietic stem cell transplantation based on investigator assessment of age, comorbidities, local guidelines, institutional practice (any or all of these).
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0, 1 or 2.
- AST and ALT ≤ 3 × upper limit of normal (ULN).
- Total bilirubin ≤ 2 × ULN (except in the setting of isolated Gilbert syndrome).
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR) ≥ 30 mL/min/1.73m2 (estimation based on Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) formula, by local laboratory).
- Patient is able to communicate with the investigator and has the ability to comply with the requirements of the study procedures.
- Prior exposure to TIM-3 directed therapy at any time. Prior therapy with immune checkpoint inhibitors (e.g. anti-CTLA4, anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, or anti-PD-L2), cancer vaccines are allowed only if the last dose of the drug was administered more than 4 months prior to enrollment.
- Previous treatment for intermediate, high or very high risk myelodysplastic syndromes (based on IPSS-R) with chemotherapy or other antineoplastic agents including lenalidomide and hypomethylating agent (HMAs) such as decitabine or azacitidine or INQOVI (oral decitabine) (patients who had up to 1 cycle of HMAs can be included). However, previous treatment with hydroxyurea is permitted.
- Diagnosis of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) including acute promyelocytic leukemia and extra-medullary acute myeloid leukemia based on WHO 2016 classification (Arber et al 2016).
- Diagnosis of Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML), or primary or secondary myelofibrosis based on 2016 WHO classification (Arber et al 2016).
- History of organ transplant or allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplant
- Participants with prior malignancy, except:
1. Participants with history of lower risk MDS treated by supportive care (e.g. growth factors, TGF-beta agents) or untreated are eligible
2. Participants with history of lower risk MDS who were treated adequately with lenalidomide and then failed are eligible
3. Participants with history of adequately treated malignancy for which no anticancer systemic therapy (namely chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery) is ongoing or required during the course of the study. Participants who are receiving adjuvant therapy such as hormone therapy are eligible.
- Participants with Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) based on 2016 WHO classification (Arber et al 2016) with revised International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS-R) ≤ 3
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes