Network Of Clinical Research Studies On Craniosynostosis, Skull Malformations With Premature Fusion Of Skull Bones
Age: Birth - 80 years
Healthy Subjects: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: November 01, 2014
End Date: June 01, 2029
- Cases with diagnosis of coronal
- Unaffected relatives of cases
- Unaffected controls including those who may have undergone clinically indicated craniofacial surgery for trauma or conditions other than craniosynostosis or bone disease. These individuals will be recruited at some of the other collaborating institutions, but not at Mount Sinai. Individuals of any racial or ethnic group with the established or suspected clinical diagnosis of coronal, nonsyndromic craniosynostosis will be included in this study. Unaffected relatives, such as their biological parents and/or sibs, will also be included to contribute medical information and samples as negative controls for our study.
- Those who fit the criteria, but who choose not to participate
- Those who do not meet the criteria.
- Other than children, no vulnerable individuals will be recruited, such as intellectual impaired individuals or prisoners.