Implementing an Individualized Pain Plan (IPP) for ED Treatment of VOE's in Sickle Cell Disease
Age: 18 - 45 years
Healthy Subjects: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Phase: N/A
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: October 27, 2020
End Date: February 01, 2022
- Age 18 years up to and including 45 years
- English speaking
- Confirmed SCD diagnoses . Confirmed is defined as supported by documentation in the medical record of a positive test for one of the following : Hb SS, Hb SC, Hb S -thalassemia, Hb SO, Hb SD, Hb SG, Hb SE, or Hb SF.
- Access to a cellular/mobile smart phone with access to text messaging (either Android or iPhone acceptable) .
- At least one Vaso-Occlusive Episode (VOE) visit to participating site Emergency Department (ED) the past 90 days from enrollment
- At least one visit at the study site sickle cell disease clinic within the past 12 months
- Willing and cognitively able to give informed consent Patient
- Patient's sickle cell provider states patient should not have a protocol or should not be administered opioids Provider
- Provides pain treatment in one of the participating study Emergency Departments for a patient participant with a qualified ED visit .