Impact of Clinician Virtual Human Interaction Training in Emotional Self-Awareness on Patients Suicidal Ideation and Suicide Crisis Syndrome
Age: 18 - 65 years
Healthy Subjects: No
Study Phase: N/A
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: September 09, 2019
End Date: March 01, 2021
- a staff clinician or trainee in one of the Psychiatry outpatient clinics of the MSHS or Florida International University/Citrus Health Network outpatient clinics
- have a caseload of 5
- 10 patients meeting PP inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- non-approval for study participation by department chairman, training director or clinical supervisor. Patient Participant
- currently in ongoing outpatient treatment at one of the recruitment clinics
- have SI in the past month as defined by the CSSRS, have a lifetime history of actual SA as defined by the CSSRS or to have a confirmed psychiatric emergency room visit or hospitalization within the past two weeks.
- a need for hospitalization at the time of study enrollment
- acute medical illness, cognitive impairment, linguistic limitation precluding understanding of the consent or research questions
- and lack of contact information needed for follow up assessment.