Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Systems Security Administrator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 533 - Security
Requisition Number: 14-1619672
Systems and Security Administrator assumes accountability for the design, supervision and coordination of installation, evaluation, audit and maintenance of all security related systems including closed circuit television, card access, infant protection, intrusion alarm, radiation detection, panic button, elevator emergency call and two way radio systems. In addition, the Systems and Security Administrator designs and implement comprehensive record keeping and work order data bases to track, audit and evaluate locksmith productivity, performance and response to service calls. A new and updated data base identifying all keys will also be developed and maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures that all components of all security systems are always properly operating and in good working order.
2. Introduces scheduled audits and testing of all systems.
3. Acts as liaison with contracted vendors to ensure timely resolution of malfunctioning equipment.
4. Ensures an on hand inventory of emergency replacement parts and components.
5. Purges and maintains a current data base of active photo identification badge cardholders and actively interfaces with Human Resources to, in a timely manner, delete obsolete, terminated and other badge holders from the card access data base.
6. Represents the Security Department and related interests in all new construction and renovation project meetings to ensure assessment, specification and purchase of appropriate security equipment and systems.
7. Actively interfaces with potential vendors including product and maintenance providers. Authorizes expenses related to the repair of existing systems.
8. Responds to MSMC during off hours in the event of any and all significant security system failures.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Security.
High School Diploma
3 years experience in security systems and operations, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
1. Security Officer
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.