Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Fd&c Project Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 509 - Facilities Design
Requisition Number: 13-1589734
Provides oversight and management in all areas of large and complex construction projects to ensure client satisfaction. Manages the planning, implementation and allocation of resources and activities of capital construction projects to ensure project completion within timelines, contract specifications and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the design, construction and renovation of large complex construction projects throughout the medical facilities.
2. Negotiates and administers the bidding and awarding of contracts with vendors and suppliers.
3. Coordinates with architect and engineering consultants to assure the optimal functioning of building systems and designs. Reviews drawings and contracts and provides input, recommendations and approval of same.
4. Coordinates with contractors, end-users, and any other relevant department throughout the duration of the project to insure optimal operations are maintained.
5. Evaluates, identifies and implements new ideas, technologies or process improvements to increase organizational efficiencies and cost savings.
6. Monitors construction of work ensuring that timetable is maintained and that work conforms to design and operational standards and requirements. Reviews and consults with architects and engineers regarding safety issues on new projects.
7. Monitors the preparation of all drawings and specifications to ensure standards are met.
8. Coordinates and implements relocation plans of departments, programs, staff, patients, etc.
9. Conducts financial analyses and prepares reports estimating the cost of construction projects and renovations. Identifies and resolves all budget problems with construction and renovation projects.
10. Develops and maintains project cost reports and schedules.
11. Prepares construction status reports and monitors and updates construction schedules.
12. Values engineer architectural and engineering designs.
13. Leads constructability reviews.
14. Monitors and implements the Mount Sinai Medical Center's quality control program.
15. Manages purchase orders, makes necessary changes. Reviews and recommends approval of invoice payments.
16. Coordinates and ensures the smooth operation of all relocation and renovation projects.
17. Performs other design and construction-related duties
18. General Skills - Knowledge of building structures, infrastructure systems, and general knowledge of patient care centers
19. General Skills - Knowledge of federal, state and local building laws
20. General Skills - Understand the basic business practices of the design and construction management process.
21. General Skills - Proven ability to guide outside design consultants and construction management teams
22. General Skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
23. General Skills - Strong communication and organizational skills.
24. General Skills - Experience in NYC DOB and BEST Squad
25. General Skills - Must be proactive with the ability to recognize potential project impediments
26. General Skills -Strong analytical and leadership skills
27. General Skills -Must have the ability to work within a diverse team as well as independently as required
28. General Skills - Demonstrates time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple client relationships and prioritize time and resources accordingly
Bachelors degree in Architecture or Engineering or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.Engineering or Architecture license preferred.
5 years professional experience as an Architect, Engineer or Construction Manager, plus 3 years experience as Project Manager Preferred. ASHE Construction Certifications preferred.
OSHA 30 Certification, LEED AP, PMP highly desired
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.