Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 408 - Ac Adolescent Hlth
Requisition Number: 13-1573938
The Entitlement Coordinator provides comprehensive screening, counseling and assistance to clients seeking entitlement services under the Resource Entitlement & Advocacy Program (REAP) at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Providing advocacy on behalf of the client with community agencies to ensure services and benefits are provided to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides comprehensive individualized entitlement screening, counseling and assistance with procurement of services and benefits to clients.
2. Explains the advantages and disadvantages of programs to clients.
3. Research and maintain knowledgeable of all current regulatory requirements for all major entitlement programs
4. Assists client with document procurement and preparation of applicant for resources and entitlements. May assist client with completion of application forms and collection of required support documentation, based on need and mutual agreement with client.
5. Documents agency, contacts, status, progress and outcome of clients and services rendered for adequacy of entitlements received. Determines need for additional services or additional advocacy.
6. Notes any follow-up visits scheduled with MSH staff or outside agencies, and referral goals.
7. Provides training and direct supervision to volunteer staff.
8. Provides clients with self advocacy training.
9. Collaborates with hospital staff on client entitlement issues.
10. Performs other special duties.
Bachelor's degree required or related experience
Minimum one year in social services or client advocacy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.