Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Development Associate, Mount Sinai Heart
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 807 - Development Office
Requisition Number: 14-1617558
Mount Sinai Medical Center seeks an exceptional development support professional to assist with its major gifts program to raise funds for Mount Sinai Heart. The Development Associate will report directly to the Senior Director of Development for Mount Sinai Heart.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support the Development Office's comprehensive major gifts program to raise funds for The Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai School of Medicine
* Provide administrative support to assigned team (e.g. scheduling meetings, data entry, mail merges, filing, faxing, photocopying)
* Compose memos and letters
* Proofread written materials
* Conduct donor-prospect research
* Prepare and coordinate mailings
* Train new Development Assistants
* Scheduling departmental meetings and reserving conference rooms
* Manage vendor services
* Organize materials and copies for proposal submission
* Assist with special projects as assigned
* Assist with special events
* Compile and extract database information
* Prepare and coordinate materials for meetings including meeting notices, agendas, handouts, copying and distributing follow-up materials
* Serve as back-up to the receptionist during breaks, lunch, time off and answer main telephone line as needed
* Foster positive and professional working relationships with all staff
* BA Required
* 2-3 years of experience.
* Experience working in an office setting, preferably in development, special events, public relations or marketing
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.