Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Programmer Analyst II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 035 - Gastroenterology
Requisition Number: 13-1585490
1. Design and implement software programs on mobile platform within the Division of Gastroenterology.
a. Use state-of-the-art programming languages and developing tools
b. Develop strategic goals in collaboration with clinical leadership and Mount Sinai Information Technology Division
2. Develop mobile application to capture data from patients (from home or office waiting rooms) as well as from providers in a stand-alone mobile-application (preferably Sencha)
a. Application will serve as a generalizable model for other diseases within various departments at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
* Document user requirements
* Document system design as directed
* Participate in the development of System Lifecycle processes and documentation in support of research IT development.
* Develop code as directed in accordance with generally accepted software development practices
* Participate in system test and user acceptance testing planning and execution as directed.
* Create and implement research databases as required.
* Participate in enhancements to the delivery of technical support and other platform enhancements as required.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent (training / experience)
* 2- 5 Years Programming Experience in Mobile Development
* Good at Mobile and Web technologies such as HTML5, Java Script, Ext JS, CSS, Jquery Mobile +- Sencha, ASP.NET,
* Proficiency in writing efficient and maintainable cods
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve coding problems
* Understanding of revision control software
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to quickly learn and adapt emerging technology
* Experience in a Hospital/Research environment is a plus
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent training and experience.
* Master's Degree in computer science or related field preferred.
* Experience as a programmer in Health Care or Health Care Research a plus.
Mount Sinai Medical Center (MSMC) is one of the nation's oldest, largest, and most respected hospitals. MSMC ranked 14th in U.S. News Health's 2012-2013 America's Best Hospitals Honor Roll and topped the 2012 New York Magazine's Best Doctors List. MSMC encompasses The Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Founded in 1852, The Mount Sinai Hospital today is a 1,171-bed tertiary-care teaching facility that is internationally acclaimed for excellence in clinical care. Last year, nearly 50,000 people were treated at Mount Sinai as inpatients, and there were nearly 450,000 outpatient visits to the Medical Center. Mount Sinai School of Medicine is internationally recognized as a leader in groundbreaking clinical and basic science research, as well as having an innovative approach to medical education. With a faculty of more than 3,400 in 38 clinical and basic science departments and centers, Mount Sinai ranks among the top 20 medical schools in receipt of National Institute of Health (NIH) grants. Please visit our Facebook page for the latest events, free screenings, tips, and Health Awareness Campaigns: www.facebook.com/mountsinainyc
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.