Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Lead Data Management Advisor
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 192 - Quality Initiatives
Requisition Number: 13-1582524
The Data Quality Analyst will focus on defining, coordinating and executing data quality initiatives and be able to perform root cause analysis around data and processing issues. The Data Quality Analyst will develop, maintain, and continuously improve our data quality assurance program through use of MDM tools, comprehensive data quality audits, tracking and publishing non-conformances of data quality policies, maintaining data quality compliance schedules with data owners, conducting subject area data quality process reviews, and facilitating weekly and monthly data quality meetings with clinical sponsors on resolution of non-compliance activities.
The Data Quality Analyst has a working knowledge of enterprise information management best practices for data quality and will effectively apply and measure them through use of scorecards and MDM tools and with the appropriate degree of rigor.
- Establish and implement data quality assurance principles, policies, standards and methods through data governance process
- Define and manage the master data quality profiling, monitoring, and reporting process for patient registries and clinical domains
- Prepare data profiling and auditing analysis to identify trends, patterns, and/or system issues that may contribute to coding and documentation deficiencies and risk areas
- Maintain audit records, data quality dashboard reports, and compliance auditing in accordance with department policies
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships and communications with Data Abstractors, Data Stewards, and Clinical Sponsors
- Embed data quality values, standards, methods and practices into clinical and business operations, by integrating and aligning them with clinical and technology (electronic health record) processes, projects and governance structures
- Educate all stakeholders in data quality principles, policies, standards and deliver recommendations to data stewardship teams regarding steps to alleviate deficiencies (eg. monitoring processes, formalized procedures)
- Coordinate the development, implementation, follow-up, and evaluation of effectiveness of corrective action plans as required
Identify and implement new methods of increasing efficiency and improving processes
- Respond to ad hoc requests and other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
Master's or Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Statistics, or related field
Experience with clinical data registries, clinical trials, electronic health records, and/or patient cohort databases is preferred
Deep experience in data management, data quality, and development of information standards
Three to five years of demonstrated proficiency with data quality and analysis
Hands-on experience with use of MDM tools and enterprise data governance frameworks is required (Oracle tools preferred)
Strong knowledge of relational database systems, data structures and data modeling concepts
Advanced SQL and SAS skills, project documentation and the design of process and data flow diagrams
Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience providing information, reports and analyses from unstructured and vague clinical-business questions and problems
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.