Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Offsite Physician's Associate
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 949 - Mt. Sinai Assoc-Das
Requisition Number: 14-1607430
Position in our Staten Island, NY location
Under the direct supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses patient health by interviewing them and obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
2. Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Interprets diagnostic test results.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and managing wound care and infections.
5. Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
6. Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
7. Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
8. Provides assistance to physicians during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
9. May prescribe medication.
10. Performs other related duties
Minimum of 2 years experience as a Physician Assistant. Endocrinology experience required.
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
1. Physician Assistant
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.