Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
SURGICAL SCHEDULING COORDINATOR II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 843 - Obs/Gyn & Reprod.
Requisition Number: 13-1576566
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling inpatient and ambulatory surgeries and procedures and follow-up appointments for patients. Obtains pre-authorizations for procedures and diagnostic tests as requested by the physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the coordination of all OR surgeries and procedures.
2. Verifies patient demographics and obtains pre-certification from insurance carriers for all O surgeries and procedures.
3. Records hospital reservation and pre-admit data in prevailing institutional system.
4. Arranges patient pre-testing with appropriate departments and is responsible for obtaining patient medical clearance.
5. May place surgical confirmation calls in advance of scheduled surgery or procedure date.
6. Serves as a liaison between referring physicians and surgeons for the communication of clinical data and to determine OR scheduling, etc.
7. Collects and distributes appropriate paperwork to internal and external parties to coordinate surgeries.
8. Schedules post-operative follow-up visits with providers.
9. Performs other related duties.
High School diploma. Associates Degree preferred
2 years of surgical scheduling experience.
Certificate in Medical Terminology preferred
Certificate in ICD-9 and CPT Coding preferred
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.