Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Sepsis Program Data Coordnator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 192 - Quality Initiatives
Requisition Number: 14-1605890
Under general supervision, work to build, maintain and augment the data coordination and outcomes research related activities tied to support the implementation and operation of the Mount Sinai Health System Sepsis program. The Specialist will oversee the data collection and report of data from clinical quality information systems, data integrations, user tools, and data analytics framework. With others in the quality improvement department, provides ongoing support to managing activities for sepsis program quality, and service excellence. Manages various data projects and quality improvement dashboards such as the sepsis.
1. Read source documents and enter data in specific data fields accurately.
2. Perform data integrity tasks by locating and correcting data entry errors, or reporting them to supervisors.
3. Maintain logs of activities and completed work. File completed documents in appropriate locations or distribute them, as required.
4. Collects data and generates highly complex reports as required, including internal reporting as requested by management.
5. Assists in developing tools for data collection.
6. Assist in the design or design basic databases, or custom applications to ensure the database meets the needs of all levels of staff.
7. Document, implement, maintain or recommend operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection, database editing procedures.
8. Develop, maintain or implement procedures for data entry, data cleaning, documentation and other administrative tasks.
9. May develop training tools and update procedure manuals.
10. Makes corrections and additions to database records as required.
11. Maintains data integrity and supports data analysis as necessary.
12. Reviews and audits database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data.
13. Assists faculty and staff with queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval.
14. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree preferrred.
I year of relevant experience preferred.
Good computer skills.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.