Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Scheduling Coordinator I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 852 - Pediatrics
Requisition Number: 14-1609610
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling appointments, consults and follow-up appointments for patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedules patient FPA appointments and updates practice management system.
2. Collects patient demographics and insurance information and enters into practice management system.
3. Verifies patients' insurance coverage prior to patient's appointment and advised patient of any insurance referrals or authorizations needed.
4. May schedule patients' appointments for tests or consults.
5. May initiate reminder calls for next day's appointments.
6. Performs other related duties.
High School diploma/GED
1 year secretarial/clerical experience preferably in a medical practice environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent customer relations
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.