Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 816 - Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Requisition Number: 13-1580750
The Marketing Coordinator functions as the primary point-of-contact between the Marketing and Communications department and multiple department partners throughout Mount Sinai, providing strategic guidance and leading day-to-day project management and workflow. Assists in developing and managing all communications, activities and services with responsibilities in key areas of communications, with particular emphasis on content development, writing, editing, and project management for publications, web site content, media relations, and community outreach (if applicable). Works collaboratively with other Department staff and will participate in cross-disciplinary teams to achieve Department-wide and Institutional priorities. The Manager may also work closely with the Executive Marketing Committee, Administrator, or Chairman to develop the Department's strategic marketing/communications plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as day-to-day contact for multiple Mount Sinai department partners and manage 3rd party relationships as they pertain to particular projects, leads/develops initial strategic input and sets expectations for project delivery.
2. May serve as project manager for the production of Department publications and related materials for external audiences.
3. Responsible for overseeing and leading effective relationships with departments and works with Web Marketing Director to develop institutional and key department/practice area-specific strategic recommendations.
4. Contributes to establishing project vision and is responsible for ensuring that all needed assets and resources are identified to successfully meet project needs.
5. May collect story ideas from program staff as appropriate for related content. May write most articles for the Department newsletter and may be responsible for developing a framework and content for the Department's annual report,
6. as well as writing and editing content for the annual report.
7. Leverages knowledge of marketing best practices to develop effective strategies and measurable tactical approaches.
8. May edit and proofread publications produced by Department staff or communications consultants.
9. Develops and maintains all project deliverables including budgets, timelines and change requests and assures that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
10. Assists the Administrator in developing goals and related strategies for the Department's web site. Works closely with the School's IT/Web Specialist to maintain content for the Department's web site and intranet.
11. Takes a lead responsibility for developing web site content and editing content provided by Department staff, ensuring that the tone and language are consistent, accessible, and straightforward.
12. Provides analysis of effectiveness of online communications through quarterly web usage reports.
13. May perform writing, editing and proofreading assignments, including the editing of grant and research proposals.
14. May work with the Administrator and Chairman, draft key messages, talking points, background information and other communications materials for Department staff.
15. May be responsible for developing all layouts, working with vendors or internal services to publish, print, and distribute materials.
16. Responsible for development and pushing new ideas, stories, and/or press releases to the media as necessary.
17. May Identify and coordinate opportunities to provide and develop programs to increase institution's presence and visibility in the marketplace.
18. May develop programs for corporate wellness initiatives to build relationships with corporations to enhance market presence.
19. Supports the Administrator in the implementation of the Department's media relations strategy. Drafts and distributes press releases.
20. Prepares quarterly media coverage reports for the Administrator. Manages media placement, including identifying outlets and providing key media contacts with information about Department programs.
21. Performs other related duties
BA/BS Degree (Master's preferred) with a preference for a major in journalism, public affairs, or management.
5+ years of business experience, client management, journalism, public relations, public affairs, or media relations, or marketing experience preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.