Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Executive Assistant I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 094 - Critical Care Institute
Requisition Number: 14-1617692
Responsibilities include overall support to a Vice-President or Chairman as related to day-to-day operations of the department or office. Coordinates the administrative activities for the clinical, administrative, and academic department or departments for which the VP or Chair is responsible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partners with management in the planning, scheduling, coordination and reporting of activities to ensure that projects, goals and objectives are accomplished on time and within budget.
2. Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports
3. Monitors budgets and grant allocations, and maintains accruals. Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval.
4. May maintain departmental employee files, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems.
5. May mentors, train and/or conduct orientation for new office support staff and monitors performance.
6. May coordinates administrative, secretarial and/or general office support coverage.
7. May assign work, set deadlines and supervise the work of assigned staff, and participate in performance appraisal process.
8. Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
9. Develops, updates and/or revises informational flyers, brochures, leaflets and mailings.
10. Checks materials submitted for supervisor's attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
11. Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors' contracts and renews as needed.
12. Coordinates meetings and appointments, and maintains supervisor's calendar.
13. Makes travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
14. Screens and prioritizes incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
15. Screens telephone calls, answer inquiries or direct caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
16. May assist supervisor with the completion of grant applications, special projects and Joint Commission and other survey preparations.
17. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
5 years related administrative or business experience
Required Competencies include:
Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Applies Learning: Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Builds Strategic Work Relationships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Contributes to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
Manages Work (includes Time Management: Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.