Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Administrative Secretary II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 375 - Dubin Breast Center
Requisition Number: 14-1608970
Performs secretarial and general office support involving word processing, typing, telephone reception, mail distribution and record and file maintenance. Typically services are provided for an assigned department, care center, nursing unit or one or more individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and greets visitors.
2. Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
3. Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
4. Types correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy and may compose routine correspondence and memoranda. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed.
5. May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings
6. May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor's visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
7. Makes travel, accommodation and/or transportation arrangements.
8. Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and/or appointments.
9. Responds to inquiries for information according to established policies.
10. Gathers, assembles and categorizes data for general information purposes and special reports.
11. May process check requests and expense reimbursements.
12. Performs other related duties as necessary.
Associate Degree in secretarial science, Secretarial School diploma or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience
2 years clerical/secretarial experience required.
Required Competencies include:
Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Applies Learning: Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Builds Strategic Work Relationships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Contributes to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
Manages Work (includes Time Management: Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.