How you communicate your COVID-19 Safety Program information is critical. Communicate the program guidelines, policies and procedures to all employees and share any customer-directed information publicly. Communication about your program should help to increase worker awareness and encourage their adherence by sharing new and updated information as it becomes available.
We suggest conveying the guidelines in a tone offering support and encouraging transparency amongst all. The important characteristics to consider are:
- Tone of verbal and written communication
- Emphasis of the program’s critical nature
- Having an open door policy for questions
- Sharing who the established point person(s) are for questions and the time frame of turning around inquiries
- Clarifying the availability of support if needed