Vaccine Mandate Toolkit
The COVID-19 vaccine mandate for MSHS staff took effect Monday, September 13, 2021. All Mount Sinai staff must have received their first dose and registered their vaccination status with EHS. This includes staff who are working remote and staff who have a Remote Workplace Agreement in place.
This toolkit provides:
- Key messaging regarding the mandate
- Frequently asked questions regarding vaccination
- Educational handouts to print out and provide to staff
- Links to videos and other digital messaging to share with staff
For more details, please refer to the following resources. These will be updated frequently.
Information About the COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
- Key Messages for Staff Regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate - updated 8/27/21
- FAQs Regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate - updated 8/31/21
- Dr. Davis/Dr. Charney broadcast email August 18, 2021 (revised)
- Dr. Davis/Dr. Charney - Court Case About Vaccine Mandate (religious exemptions) broadcast email September 15, 2021
- Vaccine mandate flyer - updated 8/30/21
- Spanish - Actualizado el 30 de agosto de 2021
- Having Conversations About the Vaccine Mandate - updated 8/18/21
- Joint Letter From Dr. Davis and 1199 President George Gresham - updated 9/10/21
The Covid-19 Vaccine Exemptions Committee is reviewing exemption requests and employees are being notified of the Committee’s decision. If requested, please submit this HIPAA form to allow the reviewing committee access to necessary medical records.
Providing Information About the COVID-19 Vaccines
- Frequently Asked Questions - updated 8/18/21
- Supporting Vaccine Decision Making - Quick Facts for Your Back Pocket - updated August 12, 2021
- En español - Actualizado el 28 de abril 2021
- Five Things to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccines - updated 6/13/21
- In this three-minute video, Gopi Patel, MD, explains why you should not be afraid to take the COVID-19 vaccine. This video can be shared at staff meetings and huddles.
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding People Should Get Vaccinated broadcast email August 31, 2021
- En español - Actualizado el 2 de septiembre de 2021
- Will the COVID-19 Vaccines Affect My Fertility? - updated 8/6/21
- Were the COVID-19 Vaccines Made Too Quickly? - updated 8/6/21
- I've Had COVID-19. Do I Need to Get Vaccinated? - updated 8/6/21
- Do the COVID-19 Vaccines Protect Me from the Delta Variant? - updated 8/6/21
- Should I Get Vaccinated if I Have Allergies? - updated 8/6/21
- I'm Pregnant. Should I Get Vaccinated? - updated 8/20/21
- Do the COVID-19 Vaccines Contain Any Ingredients that Conflict With Religious Practices or Beliefs? - updated 8/20/21
Logistical Support for Managers
- Flyer for Posting: FDA Approval of Pfizer Vaccine - updated 8/24/21
- COVID-19 Vaccine Sticker Distribution FAQ for Line Managers - updated 6/10/21
“We Hear You” Video Series
To address some of our most common concerns about COVID-19 vaccines, a panel of Mount Sinai experts in infectious disease and clinical care held a series of panel discussions. You can see them here.
- Do the COVID-19 Vaccines Affect My Fertility?
- I’ve Had COVID-19, Do I Need Vaccine?
- Were the COVID-19 Vaccines Made Too Quickly?
- Why Should We Worry About the Delta Variant?
- Should I Get Vaccinated If I’m Pregnant?