Human Resources answers your frequently asked questions and addresses new policies and guidelines implemented in response to COVID-19.
Return-to-Work Guidance for Managers:
Revised as of 2/10/2023
Employees who test positive for COVID-19 or have COVID-19 symptoms:
- Should not come to work, and should leave work if already there
- Must notify their supervisor and register with Employee Health Services (EHS) via REDCap (EHS will direct the employee where to go for testing, if necessary)
- Should remain out of work for five calendar days from symptom onset or from a positive test, whichever date is earlier (these employees can work from home if authorized to do so and if their symptoms permit)
- Are expected to return to work after five days with clearance from EHS or a designee; a negative test result is not required to return
Employees who have been exposed to COVID-19 but are asymptomatic:
- Should continue to work onsite
- Should not register in REDCap
- Should be tested no sooner than two days after exposure and again five days after exposure
- May be tested at any Mount Sinai or non-Mount Sinai site that is convenient, or by an at-home rapid test; however, if you test positive using an at-home rapid test, please get a confirmatory PCR test and isolate while you await those results.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact your local EHS office.