- SENIOR FACULTY | Medicine, Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Farsi (Persian)
- Hospital Affiliation
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
Mineola, NY 11501
Manhasset, NY 11030
Bellmore, NY 11710
Kew Gardens, NY 11415
Dr. Steve Shayani, is the founder and Medical Director of Long Island Heart Associates since 1994. His goal was to create a cardiology program that would provide patients with a multitude of services, focused on quality and compassionate care. He is recognized as a pioneer in cardiac imaging and all six of his locations throughout Long Island and Queens are known for being the most technologically advanced Heart Centers. Recently named the Mount Sinai Director of Outpatient Services for Long Island, Dr. Shayani is a Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, and Nuclear Cardiology. He is a Distinguished Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Shayani is the current President of the New York Heart Research Foundation. In addition, Dr. Shayani has been the Principal Investigator for a multitude of national and international clinical trials.
News Media Coverage:
1. Can Nuclear Stress Tests Miss Severe Coronary Artery Disease? Dr. Shayani shares his opinion in an article published in Associated Content, for the orinigal article, click here.
2. News Long Island: The Mount Sinai Medical Center and Long Island Heart Associates Launch New Program for Diabetes and Heart Disease Patients! To read more, click here.
3. Dr. Shayani shares his expert advice on heart healthy foods including butter vs. margarine, for more information read the article.
4. The Medical News, on September 11, 2009: Mount Sinai Medical Center Partners with Long Island Heart Associates. http://www.news-medical.net/news/20090911/Mount-Sinai-Medical-Center-partners-with-Long-Island-Heart-Associates-to-open-new-cardiovascular-center-on-Long-Island.aspx
5. NASDAQ OMX, on August 10, 2009: Long Island Heart Associates and The Mount Sinai Medical Center to Ring The NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell. http://ir.nasdaq.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=402287
- Aortic Regurgitation
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Stenosis—Adult
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Computed Tomography Angiography
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Mitral Regurgitation
- Mitral Stenosis
MD, SUNY Upstate Medical Center
Residency, Internal Medicine
Winthrop University Hospital
Fellowship, Cardiovascular Dis
Winthrop University Hospital
Creole, English, Farsi (Persian), Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
AFFECTS Registry; Atrial Fibrillation: Focus on Effective CLinical Treatment Strategies. 2005-2007;.
Apixaban in patients with atrial fibrillation. New Englad Journal of Medicine 2011; 9.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Shayani during 2016 and/or 2017. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose
- Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation
- Pfizer Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.