- PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
PhD, New York University School of Medicine
MD, New York University School of Medicine
Internship, Brigham and Womens Hospital, Harvard Medical School,
- Dr. Bhardwaj's research focuses on the study of dendritic cells, which serve a crucial function as sentinels of the immune system. They are potent antigen-presenting cells which integrate microbe sensing, antigen display, and context-dependent instruction to T cells, to direct the appropriate type of immune response. The Bhardwaj lab focuses on combining fundamental research in dendritic cell biology with innovative translational and clinical approaches. We are thus investigating specialized cytokine secretion, antigen presentation, T cell skewing, interactions with NK cells, and optimal methods of antigen delivery for vaccines using dendritic cells, in HIV, autoimmunity and cancer. For more information, see http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/labs/bhardwaj-laboratory
- A Phase II, Open-label, Multicenter, Randomized Study of CDX-1401, a Dendritic Cell Targeting NY-ESO-1 Vaccine, in Patients with Malignant Melanoma Pre-Treated with Recombinant CDX-301, a Recombinant Human Flt3 Ligand
- In Situ, Autologous Therapeutic Vaccination Against Solid Cancers with Intratumoral Hiltonol® (Poly-ICLC)
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Bhardwaj during 2013 and/or 2014. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- Dynavax Technologies Corporation
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Dendreon Corporation
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Hess CSM Building
1470 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029