- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science
Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Abdominal Paracentesis
- Cervical Cancer
- Cervical Conization
- Cervical Cryosurgery
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Dilation And Curettage
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Exploratory Laparotomy
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Human Papillomavirus Testing
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure
- Lymph Node Biopsy
- Lysis Of Adhesions
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cyst
- Ovarian Cyst Removal
- Pap Test
- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Procedures
- Robot-Assisted Surgery - Overview
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Skin Lesion Removal
- Small Bowel Obstruction
- Small Bowel Resection
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Fibroids
- Vaginal Cancer
- Wound Dehiscence
MD, SUNY Upstate Medical Center
New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell Medical Center
Fellowship, Gynecology Oncology
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Monica Prasad Hayes, MD is in the Faculty Practice in the Division of Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Prasad Hayes graduated from Cornell University and obtained her medical degree from SUNY Upstate Medical University at Syracuse where she was inducted as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and then went on to complete a research fellowship in the Department of Surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center focusing on the molecular genetics of endometrial cancer. She then completed a fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at The Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Dr. Prasad Hayes practices Gynecologic Oncology and Gynecologic Surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery. She is currently the institutional Principal Investigator for The Mount Sinai Medical Center in the Gynecologic Oncology Group, one of the National Cancer Institute's (NCI) funded cooperative cancer research groups. She has a particular interest in hereditary gynecologic cancer and molecular genetic alterations in gynecologic cancer, as well as in clinical trial design utilizing novel therapeutic agents.
Chief Administrative Resident
New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
Distinguished Housestaff Award
New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
Berlex Laboratories Best PGY-2 Resident Teaching Award
Robert E. Nesbitt Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology
SUNY Upstate Medical University of Syracuse
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Inducted 1996
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Hayes MP, Douglas W, Ellenson LH. Molecular alterations of EGFR and PIK3CA in uterine serous carcinoma. Gynecologic Oncology 2009 June; 113(3): 370-373.
Nezhat F, Prasad Hayes M, Peiretti M, Rahaman J. Laparoscopic radical parametrectomy and partial vaginectomy for recurrent endometrial cancer. Gynecologic Oncology 2007 February; 104(2): 494-496.
Hayes MP, Wang H, Espinal-Witter R, Douglas W, Solomon G, Ellenson LH. PIK3CA and PTEN mutations in uterine endometrioid carcinoma and complex atypical hyperplasia. Clinical Cancer Research 2006 October; 12(20 Pt 1): 5932-5935.
Prasad M, Wang H, Douglas W, Barakat RR, Ellenson LH. Molecular genetic characterization of tamoxifen-associated endometrial cancer. Gynecologic Oncology 2005 January; 96(1): 25-31.
Prasad M, Ben-Porat L, Hoppe B, Aghajanian C, Sabbatini P, Chi DS, Hensley ML. Costs of treatment and outcomes associated with second-line therapy and greater for relapsed ovarian cancer. Gynecologic Oncology 2004 April; 93(1): 223-228.
Husain A, Chi D, Prasad M, Abu-Rustum NR, Barakat R, Brown CL, Poynor EA, Hoskins WJ, Curtin JP. The role of laparoscopy in second-look evaluations for ovarian cancer. Gynecologic Oncology 2001 January; 80(1): 44-47.
Sills ES, Schattman GL, Veeck LL, Liu HC, Prasad M, Rosenwaks Z. Characteristics of consecutive in vitro fertilization cycles among patients treated with follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and human menopausal gonadotropin versus FSH alone. Fertility and Sterility 1998 May; 69(5): 831-835.
Badawy SW, Prasad M, Powers C, Wojtowycz AR. Congenital cervicovaginal aplasia with septate uterus and functioning endometrium. Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology 1997 November; 10(4): 213-217.
Fong Y, Cohen AM, Fortner JG, Enker WE, Turnbull AD, Coit DG, Marrero AM, Prasad M, Blumgart LH, Brennan MF. Liver resection for colorectal metastases. Journal of Clinical Oncology 1997 March; 15(3): 938-946.
- A Phase 3 Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Study of AMG 386 With Paclitaxel and Carboplatin as First-line Treatment of Subjects With FIGO Stage III-IV Epithelial Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal or Fallopian Tube Cancers
- A Phase III, Randomised, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled, Multicentre Study of Olaparib Maintenance Monotherapy in Patients with BRCA Mutated Advanced (FIGO Stage III-IV) Ovarian Cancer following First Line Platinum Based Chemotherapy
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Prasad-Hayes did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2013 and/or 2014: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Hess Center for Science and Medicine
1470 Madison Ave, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Tuesday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Beech Street
- Devon Health Services
- United Health Care Commercial
- United Healthcare - Mount Sinai group only
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check