- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Medicine, Clinical Immunology
M.D., Southeast University, School of Medicine
Ph.D., Zhejiang Medical College of Zhejiang University
- Publication list:
1. Xu W, Santini PA, Sullivan JS, He B, Shan M, Ball SC, Dyer DW, Chadburn A, Knowles DM, Chiu A, Chen K, Cerutti A. HIV-1 evades virus-specific IgG2 and IgA class switching by targeting systemic and intestinal B cells via long-range intercellular conduits. Nature Immunol. 2009, 10:1008-1017.
2. He B, Xu W, Santini P, Polydorides A, Chiu A, Estrella J, Shan M, Chadburn A, Villanacci V, Plebani A, Knowles DM, Rescigno M, Cerutti A. Intestinal bacteria induce T cell-independent immunoglobulin A2 class switching by triggering epithelial-cell secretion of the cytokine APRIL. Immunity 2007, 26:812-826.
3. Xu W, Santini P, Chiu A, Shan M, Chadburn A, Knowles DM, He B, Cerutti A. Epithelial cells trigger frontline immunoglobulin class switching through a pathway regulated by the inhibitor SLPI. Nature Immunol. 2007, 8:294-303.
4. Shan M, Klasse PJ, Banerjee K, Dey AK, Iyer SP, Dionisio R, Charles D, Campbell-Gardener L, Olson WC, Sanders RW, Moore JP. HIV-1 gp120 mannoses induce immunosuppressive responses from dendritic cells. PLoS Pathog. 2007, 3: 169.
5. Shata MT, Shan M, Tricoche N, Talal A, Perkus M, and Prince A. Optimization of recombinant vaccinia-based ELISPOT assay. J Immunol Methods, 2003, 283:279-287.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Shan did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2012 and/or 2013: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Icahn Medical Institute Floor 11th Floor Room Room 52
1425 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029