- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Urology
Residency, Internal Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center- Harvard Medical School
Fellowship, Medical Oncology
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Dr. Galsky specializes in the care of patients with genitourinary malignancies (bladder, prostate, kidney, and testicular cancers). His research focuses on the development of novel treatments for these cancers and he has published extensively in this area. He serves as Director of Genitourinary Medical Oncology at the Tisch Cancer Institute.
American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award
Medical Calss of 1928 Award (Tufts School of Medicine, Excellence in Anatomy)
Leon Levinson Prize (Tufts School of Medicine, Excellence in Physiology)
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Phase IB study of dovitinib in combination with gemcitabine plus cisplatin or gemcitabine plus carboplatin in patients with advanced solid tumors
- Metformin - Rising PSA Remote Trial (M-RePoRT)
- A Phase I, open-label, multicenter, dose escalation study of oral BGJ398, a pan FGFR kinase inhibitor, in adult patients with advanced solid malignancies
- Phase II Trial of Everolimus or Everolimus plus Paclitaxel as First-line Therapy in Cisplatin-ineligible Patients with Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma
- A Pilot Study of Abiraterone Acetate in African American/Black Patients with Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer
- A Phase III Randomized Clinical Trial of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) versus Paclitaxel,
- Phase II Trial of Gemcitabine, Cisplatin, plus Ipilimumab as First-line Treatment for Patients with Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
- Multi-center Phase 2 Trial of Single-agent Amrubicin as second-line therapy in patients with Advanced/Metastatic Refractory Urothelial Carcinoma
- A Phase II, Multicenter, Single-Arm Study of MPDL3280A in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Bladder Cancer
- A phase II single arm clinical trial of nivolumab (BMS-936558) in subjects with metastatic or unresectable urothelial cancer who have progressed or recurred following treatment with a platinum agent
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Galsky during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- BioMotiv, LLC
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Astellas Pharma Inc.; Bayer; Merck & Co., Inc.; Novartis
Equity (Stock or stock options valued at greater than 5% ownership of a publicly traded company or equity of any value in a privately held company)
- Dual Therapeutics
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
1470 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
- Access Meicare
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care NY
- Health Insurance Plan (HIP)
- Island Group
- Medicaid of New York
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- VNS Medicare
- WellCare of New York, Inc.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check