- CLINICAL PROFESSOR Surgery
- CLINICAL PROFESSOR Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science
American Board of Surgery
MD, S.U.N.Y., Health Science Center
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Specialty Interests
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (including stones in the bile duct)
- Laparoscopic Colectomy (Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, familial polyposis, benign and malignant tumors)
- Laparoscopic Small Bowel Surgery
- Laparoscopic Esophagogastric (GERD, hiatal hernia, Achalasia, tumors both benign and malignant, peptic ulcer disease) Surgery
- Laparoscopic solid organ (spleen, adrenal, pancreas)
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesions (abdominal pain)
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Axillary/Breast Cancer Lymph Node Surgery
Arthur H. Aufses, Sr. Award in Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgical techniques
- Use of synthetic materials in hernia repairs
Cunnigham J, Katx LB, Brower ST, Reiner MA. Laparoscopic Resection of Two Liver Hemangiomata. Surg Laparosc Endosc 1995 August; 5(4): 277-280.
Ren Christine J, Salky B, Reiner M. Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Splenectomy for Ruptured Spleen. Surg Endosc 2001 March; 15(3): 324.
Patterson E, Gagner M, Salky B, Inabnet WB, Brower S, Edye M, Gurland B, Reiner M, Pertsemlidis D. Laparoscopic Pancreatic Resection: Single Institution Experience of 19 Patients. JAM Collage Surg 2001 September; 193(3): 281-287.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Reiner did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2014 and/or 2015: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
1010 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028
- Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check