Jonathan M. Metsch
- CLINICAL PROFESSOR Preventive Medicine
- In the 2011/2012 academic year Dr. Metsch will be teaching the following
- Health Management in the MPA program at the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Rutgers, Newark (September to December 2011)
- “The Transformation of the American Health Care System” in The Baruch/ Mount Sinai MBA Program in Health Care Administration (December 2011 to March 2012)
- "The Professor Norman Metzger Leadership Seminar Series" in the Baruch/ Mount Sinai MBA Program (January to April 2012)
Dr. Metsch is currently: a Commissioner of the Hoboken Municipal Hospital Authority; a LeadershipNewark coach; and a member of the Boards of Trustees of Jewish Family Service of MetroWest and Associated Camps (a UJA-Federation of New York member agency).
From 1989 to 2006 Dr. Metsch was President and CEO of LibertyHealth/ Jersey City Medical Center, a teaching affiliate of Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
Previously Dr. Metsch served as Senior Vice President for Administration of The Mount Sinai Medical Center where he had also been Associate Dean for Administration of Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and Administrator of Mount Sinai Services, City Hospital Center at Elmhurst.
Dr. Metsch earned: a B.A. from Queens College of the City University of New York; an M.P.A. from the University at Albany, State University of New York; and a Dr.P.H. from the University of North Carolina School of Public Health at Chapel Hill (from which he received the School of Public Health’s 2005 Harriet Hylton Barr Distinguished Alumni Award).
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Metsch has not yet completed reporting of Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.