- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Neurosurgery
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Orthopaedics
MD, Indiana University
University of Maryland
Hospital for Special Surgery
- After graduating from Indiana University School of Medicine, Dr. Caridi completed his internship and residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center. He then trained at the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center before completing a one year fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery focusing on spine and spinal deformity surgery. His broad experience gives Dr. Caridi a unique expertise in treating patients who are affected by a wide variety of disease of the spinal column and the central nervous system.
- Complex spine surgery
- Kyphosis, scoliosis and other spinal deformity
- Revision spine surgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
Dr. Caridi's clinical practice is focused on:
Factors Influencing Outcomes of Neurologic Deficits Due to Spinal DiseasesThis study is designed to evaluate those factors that may facilitate the recovery of those patients who suffer from motor weakness or sensory deficits due to pathology in the spinal cord.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Caridi during 2012 and/or 2013. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- Zimmer, Inc.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Annenberg Building Floor 8 Room 42
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
27 New Dorp Lane
Staten Island, NY 10306
82-01 37th Ave
Jackson Heights, NY 11372