- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Liver Cancer
MD, University of Western Ontario
Residency, Internal Medicine
Montreal General Hospital
Fellowship, Gastrointestinal Oncology
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the care of patients with gastrointestinal malignancies. My research interests focus on the investigation of new therapies for these diseases, particularly cancers of the liver and biliary system.
2011 - 2012
Clinical training and research grant
Fibrolamellar Cancer Foundation
2010 - 2011
Montreal General Hospital Foundation Research Award
Dr. L. DeWitt Wilcox Award in Medical Research
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario
1997 - 2001
James McGill Entrance Scholarship
Ang C, Chambers AF, Tuck AB, Winquist E, Izawa JI. Plasma osteopontin levels are predictive of disease stage in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. BJU international 2005 Nov; 51(6).
Ang C, Guiot MC, Ramanakumar AV, Roberge D, Kavan P. Clinical significance of molecular biomarkers in glioblastoma.. Can J Neurol Sci 2005 Oct; 37(5): 625-30.
Ang C, Hauerstock D, Guiot MC, Kasymjanova G, Roberge D, Kavan P, Muanza T. Characteristics and outcomes of medulloblastoma in adults. Pediatric blood & cancer 2008 Feb; 51(5).
Ang C, Kornbluth M, Thirlwell M, Rajan R. Capecitabine-induced cardiotoxicity: case report and review of the literature. Current oncology (Toronto, Ont.) 2010 Sep; 17(1).
Cohen V, Agulnik J, Ang C, Kasymjanova G, Batist G, Small D, Brandao G, Chong G, Miller WH. Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations detected by denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in nonsmall cell lung cancer: impact on response to therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Can J Neurol Sci 2010 Sep; 37(18).
Ang C, O'Reilly EM, Abou-Alfa GK, Shamseddine A, Skouri H, Tawil A, Eloubeidi MA, Lowery M, Kharfan-Dabaja M, Kaprealian T, Temraz S, Sibai H, Farran H, Shah MA. Gastrointestinal cancer educational case series: management of metastatatic adenocarcinoma of unknown primary origin in a Ph+ ALL survivor.. J Gastrointest Cancer 2011 Sep; 42(3): 165-70.
Postow M, Shah MA, Lowery M, Shamseddine A, El-Kutoubi A, Al Olayan A, Naghy M, Ang C, Tamraz S, Jazieh AR, O'Reilly EM, Kelsen DP, Abou-Alfa GK. A man with Klinefelter's syndrome and new abdominal distension: a discussion of evaluation and management. Journal of gastrointestinal cancer 2012 Jun; 43(2).
Ang C, O'Reilly EM, Abou-Alfa GK. MicroRNA, hypoxic stress and hepatocellular carcinoma: future directions [editorial]. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2011 Nov; 26(11): 1686-8.
Ang C, Janjigian YY, Shamseddine A, Tawil A, Lowery MA, Intlekofer A, Faraj W, Al-Olayan A, Tang L, O'Reilly EM, Geara F, Al-Kutoubi A, Kelsen DP, Abou-Alfa GK. A case of advanced gastric cancer. Gastrointestinal cancer research : GCR 2012 Mar; 5(2).
Ang C, O'Reilly EM, Abou-Alfa GK. Targeted agents and systemic therapy in hepatocellular carcinoma. Recent results in cancer research. Fortschritte der Krebsforschung. Progrès dans les recherches sur le cancer 2013; 190.
Ang C, Kemeny NE. Bevacizumab in the management of colorectal cancer: a review.. Journal of Solid Tumors 2011:120-131.
Abou-Alfa GK, Ang C. Dx/Rx Liver Cancer 1st Edition. Burlington, MA, Jones & Bartlett Learning;.
Ang C, Abu-Alfa AK, Abdullah K, Lowery M, Sibai H, El Farran H, Tamraz S, Al Olayan A, Shamseddine A, Naghy M, Faraj W, O'Reilly EM, Abou-Alfa GK. Hepatocellular carcinoma following renal transplantation. Gastrointestinal cancer research : GCR 2011 Sep; 4(5-6).
- A prospective, single-arm, multicenter, uncontrolled, open-label Phase II trial of refametinib (BAY 86-9766) in patients with RAS mutant Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
- A phase II multicenter, single arm study of oral BGJ398 in adult patients with advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinoma with FGFR2 gene fusions or other FGFR genetic alterations who failed or are intolerant to platinum-based chemotherapy
- A Phase Ib Dose Escalation Study of OMP-54F28 in Combination with Sorafenib in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- A phase II/III trial of neoadjuvant FOLFOX, with selective use of combined modality chemoradiation versus preoperative combined modality chemoradiation for locally advanced rectal cancer patients undergoing low anterior resection with total mesorectal excision
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Ang during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals / Onyx Pharmaceuticals Partnership; Caris Life Sciences
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Annenberg Building Floor 24th Room 24-04D
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
1470 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029