- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
MD, New York University
Residency, Internal Medicine
Mount Sinai Hospital
Fellowship, Hematology & Onc.
- Dr. Tiersten is an Associate Professor in the Division of
Hematology and Medical Oncology and a member of the Breast Cancer
Medical Oncology Program.
Dr. Tiersten sees patients in the Dubin Breast Center. She works collaboratively with Mount Sinai breast surgeons, radiation oncologists, radiologists, and other related subspecialists to provide care to breast cancer patients and conduct breast cancer research.
- A randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of LEE011 in combination with letrozole for the treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor positive,
- NSABP Protocol B-47: A Randomized Phase III Trial of Adjuvant Therapy Comparing Chemotherapy Alone (Six Cycles of Docetaxel Plus Cyclophosphamide or Four Cycles of Doxorubicin plus Cyclophosphamide Followed by Weekly Paclitaxel) to Chemotherapy Plus Traztuzumab in Women with Node-Positive or High Risk Node Negative HER2-Low Invasive Breast Cancer
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Tiersten during 2013 and/or 2014. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose.
- Amgen Inc.; Celgene Corporation
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
1176 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029