- TEACHING ASSISTANT Neurology
- Screening for Depression in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
- Evaluation of quality of life in adult patients with MS switching from injectable therapy i.e. Interferon (Avonex, Betaseron, Extavia, Rebif) or Copaxone® (glatiramer acetate) to oral medication Tecfidera® (BG00012) and their caregivers and evaluating their physical disability, cognitive function and adherence
- Evaluation of quality of life in adult patients with MS switching from injectable therapy i.e. Interferon (Avonex, Betaseron, Extavia, Rebif) or Copaxone® (glatiramer acetate) to oral medication Gilenya® (fingolimod) and their caregivers
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Ben-Zacharia during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- Biogen Idec; EMD Serono, Inc. (Merck & Co., Inc.); Genentech, Inc.; Genzyme Corporation; Novartis; Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Schering AG (Bayer Schering Pharma AG); Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
5 East 98th Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10029