- CLINICAL PROFESSOR Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science
MD, New York Medical College
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Fellowship, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Alan Copperman is Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology as well as the Vice-Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, and co-director of Reproductive Medicine Associates of New York. He is an experienced and respected clinician and has published numerous award-winning papers and textbook chapters on egg freezing, infertility, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and pelvic surgery. In addition, he has presented research findings and scientific data at both national and international meetings. Dr. Copperman is frequently quoted in the media, both in print (the New York Times, The Daily News, Parenting Magazine, etc) and on local and national television and news shows (including Anderson Cooper 360 and 20/20). New York Magazine has recognized Dr. Copperman as one of New York's Best Doctors seven years in a row from 2002 to 2008 and SuperDocs has included him in their 2008 New York Issue. The American Fertility Association has awarded him its 2003 Family Building Award.
Dr. Copperman received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and his medical degree from New York Medical College. After earning his degree in medicine, Dr. Copperman completed residency in Ob/Gyn at Yale-New Haven Hospital, then continued his training at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York as the Martin J. Clyman Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology. Dr. Copperman is board certified in both Ob/Gyn and reproductive endocrinology. He is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. He serves on the medical advisory board of Fertile Hope
In the News
Dr. Copperman discusses infertility in The Daily News feature The Daily Check Up.
View the PDF.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Copperman is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
635 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- Sunday 7:00am - 12:00pm
- Monday 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursday 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday 7:00am - 12:00pm
- Empire Plan for Government Employees
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check