Your Initial Visit
When you make your initial visit to Dr. Samadi, it is essential that you bring the items listed below with you. They will enable Dr. Samadi to fully access your options, and prescribe the best course of treatment for you.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) history: The PSA is a screening test that helps to determine whether or not you may have prostate cancer.
- A prostate biopsy report and recent pathology slides: A biopsy is the removal of cells for closer examination. An analysis of a prostate biopsy and the accompanying pathology slides helps to establish not only the presence of cancer cells, but also their aggressiveness.
- A nuclear medicine bone scan or a CAT scan (if available): Either of these scans will help Dr. Samadi determine the extent of the prostate cancer's development.
- Patient medical and surgical history and current medication regimen
- Contact information of the referring physician
- Medical insurance information (Insurance company’s name, identification number, group number, policy holder’s name if other than yours)
The above information will allow Dr. Samadi to fully assess your options, and prescribe the best possible course of treatment for you.