As an internationally recognized robotic prostatectomy expert, Dr. Samadi often treats patients who choose to travel to the United States for the best surgical care. A large part of Dr. Samadi’s patients are international or live out of state. Dr. Samadi and his team are very dedicated to ensuring that the patient and his family have a positive experience and ensure that the entire process is seamless. In an effort to provide the patients with support, your surgical scheduler can also connect you with patients in your country or surrounding area who have already been through surgery with Dr. Samadi.
Patient Concierge Services
To assist in the travel process, international patients will be assigned a concierge who will:
- Help in the translation and communication process. We speak Spanish, Italian, Hebrew, Farsi, and Greek. Arrangements can be made for patients who speak other languages as well.
- Assist in filling out forms and managing all necessary documentation.
- Provide hotel and air travel recommendations, as well as car and taxi services.
- Answer any and all questions relating to the travel process.
Travel Preparation Information
To prepare for their trip to the United States, patients should take note of the following:
- Patients should schedule to spend a full 10 days in New York. If you need assistance with scheduling air travel, booking a hotel, or just have general questions, please talk to your concierge.
- Robotic prostatectomy surgery with Dr. Samadi takes approximately two hours. This is significantly shorter than most surgeons who typically take five to six hours to complete the procedure. More information.
- The surgery is performed at Mount Sinai Medical Center in the Upper East side Manhattan - 1190 5th Avenue Manhattan, NY 10029. If you need help in scheduling transportation to or from Mount Sinai, please talk to your concierge.
- All patients that undergo Robotic Prostatectomy are required to stay in the hospital for one night.
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center offers patients private rooms which allow a family member to stay with them for their hospital stay. These requests must be made in advance so be sure to reach out to your surgical scheduler to inquire.
- After surgery you will have a catheter for one week which will be removed at our office at 625 Madison Avenue (Between 58th & 59th Street) 2nd Floor. Suite 230 New York, NY 10022. Before leaving to fly back home you will have a final post operative visit with Dr. Samadi. 5 weeks after surgery you will follow up with your local Urologist for a consult and PSA test. You are required to provide test results and follow up notes to our office.
- Patients are encouraged to walk following surgery. As such, it’s not uncommon for international patients to enjoy their time in New York City by seeing shows on Broadway, enjoying the fine dining that Manhattan has to offer, and exploring the many other locations of interest in the city. For food and entertainment recommendations, please talk to your concierge.